Monday, January 17, 2011

January 16th 2010

Since the last update we have been priming the lazarette and tank room getting ready to spray. We pulled paper and tape over anything we didn't want painted, and draped plastic around the engine room. The top coat is white Sherwin Williams Tile Clad, a two part epoxy paint that is hard wearing.

We installed the hinges on the battery boxes bored the holes for cables and ran the cables to the starters on the engines.

We plumbed in the fuel lines, and spent some time tracking down the stainless bits to work with the aluminum tanks. (Brass and aluminum don't play nice together!)

Along the way we spent some time getting tools back in order, cleaned up and new shelving to clean up our work area.

Pictures later!

Zach



No comments: