Tuesday, August 16, 2011

July 2011

July,

We padded out the walls in the master bath with layered plywood "studs" and 3/4 plywood for the interior walls. We also padded the forward state-room, and head to allow for electrical wire to be pulled.

We cut out the existing openings of the shower stalls, and set in place jambs to allow for new glass shower doors.

We fiberglassed the plywood roof overhang, and applied Adtech Proseal.
We cut the round on the back, matching the transoms radius.

We sanded, faired, and primed the back of the cabin wall, and corners.

The rear deck, had been a storage area for some time during the winter. We cleared everything off and began grinding and fairing the new deck, with the stern deck we built two years ago. We applied another layer of fiberglass.

The port toe rail and rub rail have been undergoing a major re-shaping to follow the line of the sheer. We ground down highs, and epoxied fairing strips of wood in various places. Troweled putty, fiberglassed, and sanded.

We removed the remnants of an old seat on the front of the cabin house, and stripped the old polyester fiberglass off. I put a few new studs in that were questionable and repaired some plywood, and then began to fair the curved front of the house in preparation for fiberglass. We will be removing the existing windows and rebuilding the window openings.

We removed the helm station, and console to gain better access to the windows, and developed a few more electrical wire paths.

Much time has been spent researching air conditioning systems, and window makers. Electrical wire paths have been drawn, and the work goes on...

No comments: