Tuesday, August 16, 2011

June 2011




June:


We completed mounting of the battery boxes and their lids.
We installed the batteries and their cables.
We cleaned and flushed the main fuel line, of the rust scale from the old Fuel tanks.
-The main line is 1 inch stainless steel pipe running from a T at the fuel tanks, to each of the engines with a drain valve at the forward most end.

We rebuilt the port engine in place. Raising it up 6 inches, dropping the oil pan and replacing the crank bearings. We removed the pistons and liners, installed new rod bearings and put things back together. We enlisted the help of Kenny Starn, an eastern NC mechanic legend...



While the engine work was going on, we fiberglassed the swim platform with west systems epoxy and sealed with Adtech Pro-seal.

While this was going on, we pulled in another carpentry crew to fit a bead board ceiling for you land dwellers. to the underside of the deck, for the boat linguists. (Boat terminology!)




We measured for doors, and drew up cabinets and started the production of both.

We built the back wall of the cabin, and the overhang for the roof using the beams we glued up over the winter.






No comments: