Sunday, July 15, 2012

June/July 2012

We completed the brow, fiberglass work, sanding, and primer and took down the staging.

We are refining the toe rail, with 20+ foot long wooden battens that bend to a fair curve, sanding and sculpting so that her lines are smooth, with the top level and the inside and outside edges plumb.

More work has been done in the engine room.  We replaced the engine/state room bulkhead and have laminated in 25 new frames with douglas fir and epoxy, along with new floor timbers.  We are rebuilding the floors under the engines, and will be pulling the engines forward to clean and paint the engine stringers.  Photographs to come.